BOS Earthwave Beach Festival to host Guinness World Record attempt at Muizenberg in September
BOS Earthwave Beach Festival
Guinness World Record attempt + Ocean & Beach events
Surfing and sustainable lifestyle event
Saturday & Sunday, 29 & 30 September 2012
The BOS Earthwave Beach Festival will host an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the ‘most surfers riding the same wave’ at Surfers Corner in Muizenberg on the weekend of 29 & 30 September 2012.
The fifth edition of this popular festival will again harness the immense interest surrounding Guinness World Records to promote sustainable lifestyle choices by featuring a wide range of both competitive and fun events in the ocean and on the beach alongside exhibitions, demonstrations and talks on environmental issues over the two days.
“We’re really excited about the 2012 festival and with the support and energy of BOS Ice Tea we are confident that that the record of 110 surfers riding the same wave set at Muizenberg in 2009 can be broken,” says Paul Botha from Kahuna Promotions, the organisers of the festival.
“Since 2006, when 73 surfers were recorded on the same wave, the festival has become one of the surfing world’s biggest mass participation events,” Botha added. “This year we’re expecting even more people to participate in and watch events such as Longboard and Grom surfing, SUP and Surfski races, Touch Rugby and Volleyball tournaments along with plenty of activities for kids like the Dig For Gold and Learn to Surf lessons.”
For spectators there are also plenty of valuable give-aways, sticker-showers, beach cleanups, raffles and fund-raising for worthy causes while the whole fiesta ends with the after-party-of-the-year featuring a live band and hilarious auction at a popular local venue.
“We’ve always had a strong link to surfing through our relationship with big wave surfer, Twiggy Baker,” says Marié van Niekerk, BOS Marketing Director. “BOS appreciates the spirit of the surfing community coming together in this unique way to create a very memorable experience for young and old and we’re delighted to be ‘on board’.”
Muizenberg, rated one of the top 20 beach towns in the world by National Geographic, is the ideal venue for the BOS Earthwave Beach Festival. It’s considered to be the birthplace of surfing in South Africa and with its pristine 20km fine white beach, gentle rollers and warm water, it’s easy to see why.
Earthwave Brazil, the 2008 record holder, will also be making another attempt to break the current record on Sunday 2 September at Quebra Mar near Sao Paulo. Negotiations are in progress with several other organisations worldwide to stage Earthwave festivals to coincide with the Muizenberg event.
For further information on the BOS Earthwave Beach Festival visit www.kahunasurf.co.za. The organisers can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to become part of this sustainable lifestyle initiative.
About BOS Ice Tea
- BOS is a range of organic rooibos ice teas blended with all-natural fruit flavours – peach, lemon, apple, berry, lime & ginger and cranberry energy. It is preservative, colourant and caffeine free.
- The BOS packaging is bold, colourful, and graphic exuding a youthful and open spirit.
- BOS Ice Tea appeals to people of all ages who have an optimistic outlook on life, an appreciation for great aesthetics, and a desire to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The BOS philosophy is – ”Being healthy and being robustly cool haven’t always gone together, but they can.”
- BOS premium quality organic rooibos is farmed exclusively at Klipopmekaar rooibos farm and private nature reserve. At the vanguard of organic and ethical farming, Klipopmekaar’s approach is intrinsic to the BOS experience.
- BOS plants and maintains 1 tree for every 2000 cans or packs sold. We focus this initiative in under-privileged and under-greened schools and public spaces.
- BOS likes to engage, have fun, give joyful experiences and share a sense of life and living.
- For more info visit WWW.BOSICETEA.COM
Issued on behalf of:
BOS Earthwave Beach Festival
Contact: Paul Botha
Tel: +27 (0) 21 783 4965
Compiled & Issued by:
Life’s a Beach Communications
Mobile: +27 (0) 82 423 1964